Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Children's Day

14th November is historic and epochal in its significance. And as I sit to pen down my blog for this month, my first thoughts go to the man who made this date significant – Sh. Jawahar Lal Nehru – the first Prime Minister of the country and a secular parliamentarian, a visionary, who saw India striving towards self reliance.

His birthday, which is also celebrated as Children’s Day, marks his love and faith in young children, whom he saw as reservoirs of change, custodians of heritage and the ushers of a brighter tomorrow. I too, firmly believe that the young are a powerhouse of energy, a dynamo that can light up the world if given the right impetus.

My only word of advice on this day to all of you would be ‘to follow the honest path’. The tree that grows stronger is the one that has learnt to survive the world. Therefore, in order to grow as individuals who would contribute to the ever-flowing stream of civilisation, you need to focus, aim, and give life your best shot.

My good wishes for the forthcoming examinations.

God bless

Bindu Sehgal